Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role
The Brand Director will lead the creative strategy and execution for Strava. As part of the Brand and Design teams, you’ll help create the brand vision for the company to elevate Strava’s brand experience for our athletes and our global partners.
You’ll work to build and lead a team of talented brand designers to help our global, local, growth, and product marketing efforts come to life. As a leader in our design organization, you’ll work with our product design group, championing the idea that all product experiences are an opportunity for great brand moments. As a partner to our brand marketing team, you’ll work with the marketing, copy, and brand groups to enable tight collaboration between those efforts internally.
This is a pivotal role on the Design Team – you should be comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of work, strong on content and have keen eye for the visual execution. Your contributions will be just as much to the strategic thinking and rationale behind creating ideas as in executing them. You must be able to make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you.
We’re excited to welcome you as a team member as we build the next big sports brand.
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful brand experiences that push Strava’s brand identity forward.
- Work collaboratively with other designers, project leads, photographers, and vendors
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Ensure cohesive and consistent brand principles
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
- Creative implementation of brand strategy and identity work
- Partner with teams to set the branding vision and leadership
- Work collaboratively with the global marketing team by creating branded assets for advertising, sales, and product marketing and product launches.
- Define the creative brand vision and scale Strava into a globally-recognized brand
- Work with multiple stakeholders to shape and articulate the brand across all channels and projects
- Elevate the brand, helping us refine and express our purpose, expression, and signature interactions.
- 10+ years experience as a brand creative lead including brand leadership & development experience
- A history of creating and extending brand identity systems
- Experience working across multiple projects and leading creative output
- Partnered with teams to plan media and strategic campaigns
- Have built teams of high-quality design talent
- Creative experience with web, print, photo, product, video
- Experience managing outside creative agencies and freelance artists and contractors
- Have experience of working with product designers to express a brand within product experiences
- Have crafted and executed on complex digital experiences
- Excellent verbal and visual communication, including art direction, storyboarding and visualization
- Commitment to great design culture and the personal growth of team members
- Creative and digital design studio management
- Ability to lead teams across multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Group facilitation and stakeholder management
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.