Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
See Strava’s impact on world here.
About the role:
Growth at Strava is focused on adding and retaining healthy users to our fast growing network. Within Growth there are three sub-teams: Acquisition, Activation, and Re-engagement. Your role is to lead product definition and execution for a small team focused on Re-engagement, leveraging emails and notifications to connect and reconnect our athletes to the core value of Strava. As this team is relatively new with a broad mandate, you’ll have a big area within which to direct experimentation and learning around the tens of millions of communications we send daily. There’s tremendous opportunity for this role and small team to have a huge impact on our business in 2018 and beyond.
- Partner closely with engineers and engineering managers to run an efficient development process.
- Partner closely with analysts to both instrument and understand impact of communications as well as discovering new opportunities.
- Design and manage a structured experimentation process that allows us to rapidly test and iterate new ideas.
- Work with User Research to conduct primary research on would-be and existing Strava users to gather insights and develop plans.
- Identify opportunities throughout the user journey to improve retention of new and existing cohorts.
- Own the product vision for notifications and emails, and be a thought leader and evangelist within Strava on the topic.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working on mobile products
- BS/MS in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with SQL, A/B testing methodology and practice
- “Strong opinions loosely held” - you’re a leader with a vision that you’re constantly testing
Nice to haves:
- Strength as an analyst
- Experience in notifications and emails
- Experience in growth analytics (e.g. onboarding funnels, retention, winback strategies, etc.)
- Experience with growth marketing technical stack (e.g. Adjust, Branch, Segment)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.