Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role:
Growth Marketing at Strava is a small team focused on adding healthy users to our fast growing network. You will be instrumental in this mission: helping discover, understand, and convert growth opportunities.
You’ll be a partner in establishing the questions we need to ask around growth, in addition to performing the analysis and reporting we need to be effective. You’re eager to try out a loads of user acquisition ideas, fail, study why, learn quickly, make changes, and repeat! This role, as much as any at Strava, will have a huge direct impact on our business in 2018 and beyond.
- Analyze large data sets to understand our growth marketing funnel and identify areas of opportunity
- Design a structured experimentation process that allows us to study cohorts of users acquired from various marketing channels, measure outcomes, and present findings
- Create data visualizations (e.g. dashboards in Looker) that explain the acquisition funnel and show the return on marketing spend
- Work on Strava website conversion rate optimization experiments, analysis, and reporting
- Regularly audit various data collection points to make sure we are capturing quality data
- Recommend new tools or technologies to improve our marketing stack
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- BS/MS in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient with SQL
- Scripting competency (e.g. Python)
- Past examples of leading relevant data analysis and visualization
Nice to haves:
- Experience in growth marketing analytics (e.g. user acquisition funnels, LTV, CAC)
- Experience with growth marketing technical stack (e.g. Adjust, Branch, Segment)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.