Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role
Strava exists to serve athletes and our goal is to build the world's most engaged community of athletes. We are looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst, Marketing who is passionate about telling the Strava story with data, both to our athlete community and the world at large. This position partners with the Marketing team, which has global responsibility for driving brand awareness, user acquisition, and engaging our user base. The ideal candidate will be curious, collaborative, have strong initiative and a nose for uncovering interesting insights.
Day to day, the Senior Data Analyst, Marketing will be an important member of both the Marketing and Analytics teams, providing team members with information on the business, assessing market opportunity, and impact of all marketing initiatives, while working to help drive longer term strategy with a data oriented mindset.
- Use data to tell the Strava story, and develop insights about trends in athletics and health & wellness
- Analyze marketing initiatives, identify areas of opportunity, and proactively engage in setting strategy
- Help launch, optimize, and measure the impact of brand awareness, user acquisition, and user engagement projects
- Design experiments and measure outcomes
- Work on multi-touch attribution models leveraging all marketing channels, including social, PR, email, paid, and in-app messaging
- Champion data-driven decision-making and Analytics best practices within Marketing
- Own requirements and data quality for marketing launches and related engineering development processes
- Develop key metrics and dashboards that help the team manage their objectives
- BS/MS in Statistics, Economics, Math, Physics, or similar quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience measuring the impact of brand campaigns across social, blogs, video, email and other channels
- Ability to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage a project or product
- Experience with subscription businesses, growth efforts, and/or social ad tech is a plus
- Prior experience in consumer Marketing Analytics preferred
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.