About This Role
Strava Design is looking for an experienced and passionate digital product designer who wants to help us with our mission of motivating the world to be more active.
As a Senior Product Designer on our Growth team you will help create great experiences for our new athletes by helping them become part of a community designed just for them. Key to our growth is delivering on both user needs and business goals. We believe our community will grow as we build product experiences athletes love enough to tell their friends about. As a designer you will first and foremost focus on beautiful and effective product experiences but balance that with a pragmatic commercial awareness that results in great outcomes.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills in this role.
What you’ll do
- Be an influential design leader on our growth team, helping your cross-functional peers deliver a great user experience across our logged-out and new user paths, while still moving at speed.
- Traverse the scale of a product designers work - from strategy through to pixel level detail. Some days you will be rapidly sketching ideas and launching experiments, others you will be crafting a vision to set a project up for long-term success.
- Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, Research, and Marketing to effectively communicate the utility of Strava to all athletes across the web, Android, and iOS while also creating a cohesive brand experience.
- Constantly audit, analyse, and iterate - leveraging quantitative as well as qualitative metrics - to create clear and highly effective athlete flows.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio of great examples spanning desktop and mobile digital experiences with stories of how your process and role led to quantifiable improvements.
- 6+ years experience designing for digital products that have been released to market.
- Fascination for understanding user behavior and a powerful desire to remove obstacles so people can achieve their goals.
- Passion for connecting your work directly to the business's goals.
- A love to move fast and learn! From rapidly concepting to delivering the tactical pieces required to launch experiments and products.
- A love for productive collaboration and a desire to work with a group of smart people who are passionate about what they do.
- Ideally, you have experience designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc).
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.