Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a comprehensive view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and ambitious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
As part of the Global Creative team, you will join as Strava's Associate Creative Director or Motion Design Lead. The title will be decided upon portfolio review and experience.
Reporting directly to the Executive Creative Director, you will bring energy, fun and personality to Strava's brand expression. We are seeking a versatile and experienced leader to drive forward our brand with a strong sense of motion sensibility.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong artistic vision, a high level of technical expertise, and the leadership skills. This role involves working closely with film leads, art directors, designers, and project managers to create high-end brand assets with strong attention to motion graphics and visual effects.
Dive into an environment that champions diversity, innovation, and the spirit of athletic camaraderie.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here: Remote (USA) or Remote (UK)
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Define our Brand expression and build the future of the Strava brand with heavy emphasis on brand design, motion graphics, 3D, and mixed media.
- Integrate Motion & Design: Define our motion design into our broader design system, ensuring fluid, intuitive user experiences across our platforms.
- Create & Document: Develop comprehensive motion language, 3D renderings, storyboards, animatics, motion specs, and guidelines to communicate and standardize our motion vision effectively.
- Drive brand campaigns, experiential design, and product drops
- Work closely with product and engineering to develop animation to enhance the user experience on product
You will be successful here by:
- Ideating and co-designing with product in a positive and collaborative manner
- Being passionate about understanding athlete motivation
- Proven track record to push the boundaries of motion design, 3D, and brand expression
- Creating animations that turn heads, from our app to ads.
- Drive forward the vision alongside designers, art directors, and product designers to bring to life our brand to life
- Working with product engineers to seamlessly integrate motion into our product experience
- A passion for storytelling and an understanding of how motion graphics can enhance a narrative.
We’re excited about you because you have the following:
- Strong experience working across marcom projects ranging from mobile apps, integrated brand campaigns, and/or experiential background
- Minimum 8 years of experience with a portfolio demonstrating outstanding visual design and motion graphics
- Having a keen understanding of Figma, After Effects, Cinema 4D, and all Adobe Suite.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner cross-functionally to drive toward successful outcomes
- You champion excellent design and craft standards
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.