About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. At Strava we believe that if you sweat, you’re an athlete, and our product connects millions of active people every day.
Building a brand that serves a global community of athletes begins with our community of employees. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, multi-disciplinary, and self-motivated visual designer to bring Strava’s brand to life across our internal comms. This full-time position will be responsible for shaping, elevating, and upholding our brand across internal initiatives, company communications, employee events, and presentation decks.
Reporting into our talented and tight-knit Brand Creative team, this high-impact, collaborative role will sit at the intersection of design, communications, and employee culture. You’ll have the opportunity to develop Strava’s internal brand, own projects from ideation to production, and ensure that employees encounter a consistent brand experience at every touch point.
You are excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Evolve and shape Strava’s internal brand across a wide array of projects, from presentations to experiential design
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, marketers, and internal comms partners to establish a sharp, consistent internal brand
- Partner closely with our Internal Comms Manager to craft, design, and visualize internal communications
- Work directly with executive team and senior stakeholders to create compelling and visually engaging presentations, including owning the design of weekly company All-Hands presentations
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
You will be successful here by:
- Being independently driven and discovering new ways to elevate the internal brand
- Enthusiastically partnering and establishing strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Setting a high bar for craftsmanship, approaching projects with a systems-oriented mindset, and establishing processes and efficiencies to scale your work
We are excited about you because you:
- Have 3-5 years of design experience
- Are resourceful, organized, and can self-manage your projects and your time
- Have a systems-oriented approach to design and strive for consistency in your work
- Take direction well and love to collaborate with others
- Have a deep knowledge of Figma, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Google Slides
- Obsess over the details
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Are a team player who brings enthusiasm and camaraderie to all of your work
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.