Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Strava is looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help us build the future of social fitness. We are a group of fitness enthusiasts creating new ways to motivate and entertain the global community of athletes. We are passionate about bringing new and meaningful experiences to athletes doing what they love.
About this Position
As a Senior Product Manager at Strava, you will be responsible for building great new features for runners and cyclists. Below are some of the more specific tasks a PM at Strava is responsible for.
- Lead the product development process with confidence
- Drive sprint planning for a team of 2-4 engineers and deliver planned updates
- Collaborate on feature concepts, write product briefs, work with designers and prioritize for each release
- Involvement in mobile and desktop app features
- Work with the backend infrastructure team to identify and plan for API dependencies
- Instrument and track key metrics post-launch and work with the Product Analyst to communicate learnings to the rest of the team
- Reports to the VP of Product Management & User Experience
Who we’re looking for
- You're a positive influence, a gunner, and a natural leader
- You use data to guide you, but have deep empathy for the user and have great product instincts
- You love the challenges of how improving a mobile and web experience will positively impact our passionate users
- You have an understanding of avid Running and/or Cycling communities
- You should have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and a unique personality (and be interested in finding a company with one too)
- 6-8 years of consumer product management experience
- Track record for building successful products alongside world class designers and engineers
- Mobile product experience a huge plus
- Technical background preferred, SQL experience a must
- Ideal candidate will have great references from product teams, especially software engineers
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.