About this role
Our Product Team advocates for our athletes and our business, setting the vision for our product to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. We use research, data, strategy and empathy to guide cross-functional teams toward our common goal of becoming the preeminent platform for athletes. It is important to us to include diverse perspectives, and empower our teams to do great work.
Strava’s Activities Product team is looking for a highly motivated product manager to join our rapidly growing product team. The Activities team charter is to power athletic growth by making data understandable and impactful to our athletes. The team focuses on building a holistic view of effort and fitness, and highlighting ways to make progress sustainable.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the product strategy and execution for all athlete activities on Strava. We are interested in speaking with you if you are a product manager dedicated to building great customer experiences. You are driven, a big problem solver, highly collaborative, able to build trust across various partners, and can execute. If you are the kind of Product Manager, who loves Modern UIs, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to tackle new challenges, Strava is the place for you. Our products bring joy and inspiration to a diverse community around the world, and there is so much opportunity ahead for us!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build new experiences that directly impact the experience of tens of millions of athletes, and build new value for Strava’s subscription service.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototypes and final product development by engineering teams.
- Maintain a product roadmap that balances the needs of our athletes with the needs of our business.
- Support the team’s culture and ways of working to match the strengths of your teammates.
You will be successful here by:
- Harnessing data and user research to develop empathy for our Strava athletes.
- Being a positive influence, a great communicator, and a team player.
- Utilizing data to guide prioritization but have deep empathy for the user and have great product instincts.
- Keeping a growth attitude. Constantly asking how we can improve our own frameworks and processes.
- Not being afraid to ask questions, learn, share and iterate on ways of working, your product space, and product management tactics.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 3-5+ years of Product Management experience, and have built consumer products at scale.
- You bring energy, ideas, and creativity to the team.
- Experience collaborating with engineering, research, and various partners to solve complex problems using qualitative and quantitative data to improve the athlete experience.
- You have an affinity for the fast-paced, ever-changing environment of a growing company and get energy from it.
- You love details and diving deep on technical problems.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.