About This Role
The Business Development team is looking for a rising senior or incoming 2nd year MBA intern for the summer of 2021. In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of business development and be responsible for research (qualitative and quantitative), strategic planning, and go-to-market execution. This role is a unique combination of strategy and marketing. Strava interns are embedded within existing vertical teams and can expect to get real, hands-on experience.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and strategies that create meaningful experiences for our business partners and athletes.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to ensure campaign success.
- Join brainstorm meetings to provide proposal ideas and solutions based on partners KPIs.
You will be successful here by:
- Showing up each day with curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Having strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Having strong attention to detail.
- Having a genuine interest in the athletic/outdoor space.
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have experience in preparing and delivering presentations targeted to a senior audience.
- You have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a solution-oriented mindset to handle objectives.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively across various internal teams via Slack, email and Zoom.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.