About This Role
Strava's Community Management team is looking for a talented individual to join us in our mission to provide technical support as it relates to the product as well as assistance with mobile application, device-specific, and file upload troubleshooting.
As a Technical Support Representative at Strava, you will provide technical support as it relates to the product and assistance with mobile application, device-specific, and file upload troubleshooting.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Respond to member inquiries including providing general assistance with site functionality, in addition to troubleshooting Strava applications, GPS data problems and activity analysis issues.
- Produce a consistent number of high quality responses to our members daily.
- Troubleshoot site issues, create bug reports, track updates and communicate results to the team.
- Stay on top of product changes, bugs, and updates in order to relay the most accurate information to our members.
- Create knowledge base articles, standard responses and other customer-facing updates.
- Communicate trends based on user feedback and feature requests.
- Collaborate with external departments as necessary to troubleshoot issues and represent support related needs and improvements.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
We’re excited about you because:
You are extremely organized and have the ability to work quickly and stay focused. Other requirements include:
- 2+ years in a technical support or customer service role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- You are energetic, self-motivated and have great time management skills.
- Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes.
- Passion for finding solutions and being the “voice” of the user.
- You enjoy the challenge of helping our members and are capable of providing awesome customer support for an online audience that is growing exponentially.
- Exceptional reading comprehension as well as written and oral skills. Strong typing skills are a must.
- Previous experience with Zendesk, JIRA, BBEdit (or other text editors) and GPS file formats as well as hands on experience with Garmin or other GPS devices and applications strongly preferred.
- A well-rounded technical proficiency with browsers, mobile and web platforms, and text editors.
- Experience in successfully interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
- Nice-to-have: foreign language fluency (not required)
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.