About This Role
We are seeking an innovative, strategic and multi-disciplinary Production Designer for a full-time position. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is highly collaborative, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail. A curious mind ready to push boundaries coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava.
This is a pivotal role on the Brand Design team. You will be partnering with designers on product and brand marketing projects, responsible for bringing concepts to life, delivering final production ready assets, managing the hand off and overseeing the implementation and build phase. A highly organized individual with structured files is essential to the workflow.
One focus area for this role will be to partner with our brand and product designers to systemise the Strava design language, through templatisation and documentation of our design standards. This role is suited for someone who has a passion for design craft and understands the importance of creating consistency and ensuring accessibility. This is how you will elevate the Strava athlete experience and enable people to reach their goals and achieve their person best.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work collaboratively with designers (brand and product), copywriters, marketers, project managers and engineers, to ensure quality of execution
- Manage and prioritize inbound requests from various stakeholders
- Work on multiple projects through various stages - implementation, final production, hand off and oversee the final build.
- Adapt assets for localized markets
- Maintain Strava’s design system and standards across product and marketing to ensure visual brand excellence.
- Develop resources, guidelines and templates that empower teams to create beautiful, thoughtful and consistent brand expressions.
- Maintain file management and asset tracking best practices with a DAM system
- Inspire teams with your passion and drive to create high quality work.
- Present and articulate the thinking behind your work to collaborators and stakeholders.
- Hire and manage freelance production designers as and when required
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 6+ years in brand/visual/product design experience.
- You possess a strong understanding of visual design and typography
- You have a passion for developing standards and design systems that create huge impact through simple solutions.
- You have exceptional attention to detail. You are a master of craft, typography, composition, imagery, iconography and color.
- You have enthusiasm for taking on new opportunities. You push the boundaries and are excited by new approaches and technologies to establish design standards.
- You are a stellar communicator who can give and receive direction from others
- You have the ability to be self directed, project manage their own work flow.
- You have an Interest in growing and managing others
- You have experience working quickly and efficiently. You are keeping up with the pace in a lightning-fast startup environment.
- You are a master of design tools. You are fluent with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign—bonus After Effects.
- You have experience working with a DAM system and its adoption
Please include a link to your portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process and indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.