About this Role
As the Senior Partner Manager you will need to adapt quickly, cultivate relationships, and mentor people. This role is a unique combination of media sales and business development. You will be responsible for successfully signing & executing partnerships with key brand clients and developing a long term strategy.
- Using your experience and ability to establish relationships with executives at athletic brands and business partners
- Define the overall approach for your region and/or verticals; develop work plans, and create compelling sales propositions utilizing internal and external data
- Conceptualize ways to bring market awareness to clients about business opportunities at Strava
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of partnership and achieve operational customer service, with all necessary information needed
- Create outstanding programs that drive athlete value, thinking out of the box of what has been done in the past.
- Set and influence pricing based on field experience and Strava value.
You are extremely organized, a tenured sales or business development leader, and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
Other requirements include:
- Proven track record of achieving quotas and setting short and long term sales strategy
- Ability to work beyond one’s own agenda and work for the good of the company
- Has (or quickly develops) a deep and proven understanding of all relevant Strava Business products
- Understands and can easily articulate the Strava Business value proposition to clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to influence external executive level decision makers to make significant financial / and or resource investments in Strava partnerships
- Great negotiation and relationship development skills
- A knack for keeping “eyes on the prize” - constant knowledge of where we are in relationship to goal and what we need to do to get there
- Complete comfort in public presentation, great persuasion skills and charisma
- Proficiency in data analytics systems like Looker or Tableau
- Depth of experience and knowledge in selling specific native, non-advertising partnership executions (think anything natively built in to the product, but not banner ads)
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.