About the Role
The IT Corporate Systems team is responsible for configuring, maintaining and securing the systems that power Strava’s IT infrastructure. As an IT Support Specialist on the team, you will have the opportunity to be on the front-line of support for troubleshooting, building and managing the IT footprint for all our employees. This role falls under the People and Places organization, which works on supporting the company by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs and practices.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing system-wide support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and repairs. The role will provide back-end IT support, including, but not limited to, user management, application support and MDM administration.
What You'll Do
- Provide helpdesk support to both on premise and remote end users (98% Mac).
- Document, track and monitor hardware and software problems using existing ticketing system.
- Support and administer our portfolio of SaaS Applications such as Google Workspace, Slack and other tools.
- Assist with inventory, auditing, reporting and managing IT equipment.
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding process from beginning to end.
- Assist with maintaining knowledge base and department process/policy documentation.
- Assist with Audio Visual support in conference rooms (Zoom software and related hardware).
- Work and strategize with the People & Places team on cross-functional IT projects that cover areas in deployment and configuration, security, identity and device management.
- Help implement policies and procedures around security, and ensure all deployed computers have valid encryption and endpoint security and management software.
- Helpdesk or desktop support experience.
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering.
- Strong work ethic, friendly presence and helpful attitude, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Experience and deep familiarity with current and changing aspects of corporate IT environments; including Mac, mobile devices, audio/video equipment, printers, networking and endpoint security.
- Expertise with core business applications such as Google Workspace, JIRA.
- Exposure to MDM - specifically JamF is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.