About This Role:
In 2020, Strava will process over one billion activities and add tens of millions of new athletes to our community. Two of the most meaningful services we provide to athletes are to help them build connections and to increase their motivation to be active. Our data holds the keys to understanding how we can serve athletes best while also building a more valuable business as a result.
We are looking for an experienced analyst in a full-time role to help define the strategic future of Strava’s Activities team. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and researchers to accelerate learning, make data-informed decisions and define data-inspired solutions to meet athlete needs. This role reports to an Analytics Manager and partners tightly with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to use the atomic unit of Strava—the activity—to promote the voice of the athlete and increase the value of both our free and subscription products
- Collaborate closely with product managers and cross-functional partners to translate data insights into decisions and actions.
- Advise business partners on A/B test design and interpretation while upholding experimentation best practices within and across teams
- Evaluate data tracking and quality on product surfaces and collaborate with engineers to implement solutions where needed
- As the owner of both critical analytical reporting and exploratory dashboards, build the “source of truth” for internal consumers, including the entire company and Strava’s leadership team
- Collaborate with the rest of the data organization at Strava (e.g. machine learning, data platform) to improve our technological craftsmanship
- You have 3+ years of experience in data analysis, data science or other quantitative domains, preferably experience in consumer-facing businesses.
- You have high agency over your work and are committed to driving outcomes and venturing into highly-exploratory domains with confidence and humility.
- You are a strong communicator with an orientation towards impact and are comfortable working both cross-functionally and independently.
- You are proficient with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- You have an understanding of data pipeline concepts (e.g. ETL, scripting common analysis workflows).
- You have experience with experimentation, including design, implementation and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results.
- You have hands-on experience working with statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python).
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This job description was posted in 2020.