About This Role
In 2021, Strava will process over one billion activities and add tens of millions of new athletes to our community. Two of the most meaningful services we provide are to help athletes build connections and increase their motivation to be active. Our data holds the keys to understanding how we can serve athletes best while also building a more valuable business as a result.
We are looking for an experienced analyst in a full-time role to help define the strategic future of the Community Management team and use the team’s robust data to inform broader product strategy across all of Strava. You will partner with a team of customer support representatives to accelerate learning, make data-informed decisions, and drive data-inspired solutions to meet athlete needs. This role reports to an Analytics Manager in the Data Org and collaborates tightly with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company.
- You will be the voice of the athlete through the lens of Community Management data, detecting trends in support channels such as forums and help requests and connecting those trends with product changes and business outcomes.
- You will identify levers in our athlete feedback that will help us understand how to move key engagement and revenue metrics and identify other future strategic opportunities.
- You will own critical reporting and exploratory dashboards and build the “source of truth” for various internal consumers, including the entire company and the senior leadership team.
- You will support the optimization of our support ticket pipeline by both recommending proactive data tagging practices for tracking key trends and sizing opportunities to help prioritize the team’s resources.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the data organization at Strava (Machine Learning, Data Platform, etc) to collectively improve our technological craftsmanship.
- You have 3+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, or other quantitative domains, preferably in consumer-facing tech and/or a customer support environment.
- You have high agency over your work and are committed to driving outcomes and venturing into highly exploratory domains with confidence and humility.
- You are a strong communicator with an orientation towards impact and are comfortable working both cross-functionally and independently.
- You are proficient with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- You have hands-on experience working with statistical programming languages (e.g. R/Python or their equivalents). Experience in the area of natural language processing is a plus.
- You have an understanding of data pipeline concepts (e.g. ETL, scripting common analysis workflows).
- You have experience with experimentation, including design, implementation, and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.