About this role
As the value of Strava’s subscription matures, we have an opportunity to build out a long-lasting platform that fuels the next step of our growth. As such, we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Growth team. This team owns our cross-platform billing system that powers our service. In addition, the team owns testing, shipping, and iterating on new ways to acquire/activate/retain subscribers. This is a fast-paced, but highly collaborative team that is tightly connected to the day to day success of our business.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO office.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build and maintain a product roadmap that balances customer needs with business needs.
- Find opportunities to improve our billing system to support our growth. This includes minimizing involuntary churn, supporting new promotion types, country-specific price testing, and more.
- Find opportunities to acquire, activate, and retain subscribers. This includes educating athletes about the value of a subscription, highlighting features that a subscriber may not be using, and more.
- Work with analysts and executives to monitor and discuss the health of our business on a weekly cadence.
You will be successful here by:
- Harnessing data and user research to develop empathy for our Strava athletes.
- Being entrepreneurial: looking for ways to minimize the time it takes to validate assumptions and hypotheses.
- Developing relationships with your engineering, design, and business partners to get the best out of your teammates – both in how you work together, and what you deliver to our athletes.
- Turning ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans. Zooming in, then zooming out to “connect the dots”.
- Keeping a growth mindset, and constantly asking how we can improve our own frameworks and processes.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 2+ years experience developing subscription payment and billing systems. You know the ins and outs of what it takes to process a credit card. You’ve worked with Apple and Google’s in-app billing systems and are familiar with their guidelines.
- You have experience optimizing subscriptions. You’ve driven notable improvements to a business, but you never lose sight of the end-user experience.
- You bring a hypothesis-driven, iterative, and scrappy approach to product development. You’ve shipped plenty of A/B tests, but you also know when there are quicker, faster ways to validate your hypotheses.
- You bring energy, ideas, and creativity to the team. You’re a great communicator and a natural leader.
- You have an affinity for the fast-paced, ever-changing environment of a growing company and get energy from it.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!