About This Role:
In 2020 alone, over 1 billion activities will be uploaded to Strava by over 15 million people. We know that two of the most significant things we do for our athletes are to help them build connections with other athletes and increase their motivation to be active. Our data holds the keys to understanding how we can continually be improving on these two fronts and building a more valuable business as a result.
We are looking for an experienced analyst interested in a full time role to help define the strategic future of Strava’s subscription platform. You will be responsible for working with a team of product managers, engineers, and designers to help support the daily operations of learning about how our athletes are responding to and using a Strava subscription, and how that ladders up to our high level business goals. You will have a direct impact in guiding the team in planning for what’s next to improve our athlete experience and business. This role reports to an Analytics Manager and tightly partners with cross functional partners throughout the company.
- Build out our new subscriptions data infrastructure. You will partner with both data and product engineers to build data pipelines to enable more visibility in our subscriptions data to other analysts and to Strava in general.
- Support the team’s product roadmap and planning by sizing opportunities to help prioritize new work. You will identify levers in the product to move key subscription growth and revenue metrics as well as identify future strategic opportunities.
- Design and manage experiments that enable us to improve our subscriptions infrastructure through testing and iteration, and present findings to team and company leadership.
- Support the operations around building out the tracking infrastructure to understand subscriptions capabilities and usage.
- You have 4+ years of experience in data analysis, data science, or other quantitative domains, and possibly experience in consumer-facing businesses.
- You are a strong communicator with an orientation towards impact, and you are comfortable working both cross-functionally and independently.
- You have a deep understanding of data pipeline concepts (e.g. ETL, scripting common analysis workflows).
- You are highly proficient with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- You have hands-on experience with experimentation, including design, implementation, and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results to partners.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.