Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us!
About this role
Strava is seeking an IT Manager to take high level ownership of all aspects of our IT program including conference rooms, network infrastructure, data security and compliance, SaaS management, on-boarding, helpdesk, and overall employee experience as it relates to workplace technology. The culture of the IT team has been built to be one of compassionate support, attention to detail, and flexibility. You will be managing a small team with opportunities to expand this as business needs arise. This role is about taking Strava’s existing IT infrastructure to the enterprise level, and helping to develop systems and services to streamline all aspects of our workplace technology.
- Oversee all aspects of IT at Strava
- Help guide IT strategy, architecture and operational priorities across 4 offices internationally
- Mentor, lead and coach existing and new team members
- Own on-boarding and off-boarding process, and coordinate with people team
- Create annual budgets and manage team spending accordingly
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of our 30+ Zoom conference rooms globally
- Meet with other teams, build relationships, understand workflows and pain points, and offer solutions with new or existing tools
- Provide technical guidance on policies and standards for SSO, MDM and other company-wide IT services
- Coordinate and collaborate with legal, privacy and compliance teams to evaluate new and existing services for security and duplicate functionality
- Dream up new ways to make things awesome for our employee community
- Work alongside CTO to ensure secure on-boarding/off-boarding of partners and vendors to Strava’s products and services via API or otherwise
- Experience as an IT Manager of a company with 300 employees or more
- Experience managing a team and guiding career development
- Working knowledge of industry standard network and device security and compliance practices
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking
- Familiarity with conference room A/V systems and technologies
- Experience rolling out company-wide IT infrastructure services such as MDM and SSO
- Collaborative mindset and approach
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing needs and situations
- Driven by a desire to help others
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.