About this role
Strava has a massive, rich, and rapidly growing data set from our athletes all over the world. Both our core business strategies and product vision are fueled by this data. We are looking for a data infrastructure engineer to help us unlock the potential of our dataset and scale our analytics capabilities. You will be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure to enable the next generation of features and analysis.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s Engineering and your role in it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
- Create vision and roadmap for data infrastructure for the company
- Build self-service data tools to enable other teams to own their data
- Work with partner teams (product engineering, analytics, machine learning) to maximize the value of our data
- Cultivate a data-driven culture across the company.
- Help build the team and mentor team members. Be responsible for team execution, development and performance.
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working on data infrastructure. Prior management experience.
- Experience with building scalable, fault-tolerant and low latency services
- Experience with data stores, data warehousing, ETL, business intelligence, and streaming tools
- Advanced SQL skills
- Great communication/mentorship skills and partnership mindset
- Able to work in a fast moving environment and eager to make an impact
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.