About This Role:
As the Country Manager for Brazil, you will drive the marketing strategy, planning and execution to generate brand awareness and meaningful community growth of Strava at scale across Brazil. You will work closely with the Central Brand, Communications and Business teams to plan and then execute country-specific marketing, press and business development efforts that deliver upon the broader Brazilian and Global Marketing objectives. As our ears, eyes and feet on the ground, you will use athlete behavior, market trends and knowledge of the local sports and technology landscape to make sure Brazilian athletes feel that Strava was built just for them.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the implementation and localization of the Central Brand and Communications strategy and messaging framework for the Brazilian market to drive maximum impact – you must be able to make confident brand decisions at a global and local level while also being smart and persuasive in bringing others with you.
- Set the Brazilian Country strategy, goals, and measurable KPIs and report on overall market progress and campaign or initiative-level results on a monthly basis.
- Shape the development of strategies and tactics for local marketing initiatives across Brazil.
- Manage and track the Brazil Country Marketing budget, allocating and justifying spend across multiple tactics, including event sponsorships, influencers, press, marketing campaigns, and branded gear.
- Lead the process to gain consumer insights and identify cultural/athletic trends in Brazil to inform local marketing campaigns and product planning.
- Distill results from local marketing initiatives, quantitative and qualitative research, and industry trends into presentations that clearly communicate research findings and illuminate insights.
- Develop, implement and evolve strategic press, brand partnership and community engagement plans designed to spur meaningful brand awareness and athlete acquisition at a hyper-local and national scale.
- Brief-in creative concepts for local marketing campaigns in Brazil, using athlete insights and trends to identify scalable, innovative ways to drive growth and generate brand awareness. As needed source and manage creative agency partners working on local marketing initiatives.
- Alongside the Brazilian PR agency and in partnership with Strava’s Global Communications team, build relationships with press and influencers in order to generate powerful media coverage across the country. Through the press, you will develop a personal profile as the local face of Strava.
- Engage, activate and support highly relevant and influential athletes and groups across the athletic community in Brazil with particular focus on running and cycling.
- Identify, evaluate and execute the most valuable business development and strategic partnership opportunities in your market.
- Leverage and collaborate with Strava HQ in the US and Europe for help wherever possible. The team at HQ is fired up and ready to help you succeed in your market.
- You are a strategic thinker and enthusiastic doer. You are equally comfortable brainstorming new ideas and opportunities as you are rolling up your sleeves at an event.
- You are razor sharp at assessing opportunities and prioritizing based on scale and impact.
- You are incredibly resourceful and independent. You can make things happen and will provide strategic input with the global marketing team based on your local knowledge.
- You have a strong appreciation for brand marketing and a good gut instinct for what will resonate in your market. You are eager to learn the Strava brand inside and out so that you can make decisions that substantiate the global Strava brand position and resonate deeply with Brazilian athletes at the same time.
- You have amazing people skills and are well connected in your local community of athletes of all abilities. You can identify, charm and rally the influencers in your market.
- You know what it takes to get the media talking and have existing connections that you can leverage
- 5+ years of marketing experience. Either in an agency or client-side.
- The experience and maturity to work autonomously for long periods of time.
- Strong digital/mobile marketing background a plus.
- Passion for Strava. Your friends may be tired of hearing you talk about it...
- Passion for participating in sport and an understanding of endurance athletes, specifically runners and cyclists.
- Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese + English + any other language is a plus
- Will need to be willing to travel to the US and UK for periods of up to two weeks at a time.
- During the first 12 months, you will spend a significant amount of time in the US for onboarding.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by GO4IT, Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners, and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!