About this Role
As the Senior HR Manager at Strava, you will provide operational HR support to our growing company. This is a great opportunity if you are someone with previous HR experience who is looking to grow their career in the area of HR Operations, Compensation, and Employee Relations. You will need to move fast and be comfortable with wearing many hats and juggling multiple projects. The Senior HR Manager reports to the VP of People.
In this role you will:
- Own and drive core HR functions, ensuring to align initiatives, programs, and projects to business drivers and company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of consistent performance management coaching and counseling techniques.
- Recommend compensation consistent with market analysis, best practices and internal equity for employment offers, promotions, and compensation reviews.
- Partner closely with our Head of Learning and Development to create manager and employee trainings, drive performance manager initiatives and write policies and practices to further internal career growth.
- Partner with executive leadership to ensure employee and business needs are met, focusing on talent management in a rapidly growing company.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and needs, gain insights from employee offboarding and exit interviews.
- Manage front-line HR operations support to employees, compensation support and communication, onboarding/offboarding, leave management & workers’ compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration and reporting.
- Design and develop human resource policies, procedures ensuring that compliance is met at all three of our office locations (SF, Denver, Hanover).
- Manage a small team consisting of our HR Generalist and Culture + Events Coordinator.
- Provide strategic oversight for our benefits program, including open enrollment, new hire benefits education, online benefits administration, compliance, and audits.
- Project management on various HR programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
You have a positive attitude and you are able to engage with employees with confidence and credibility, even if you don’t always have the answer in the immediate moment. You are extremely organized and you have a great ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Other requirements include:
- 7+ years in an HR role, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, and HR data management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the nuts and bolts of HR, including benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), and performance reviews.
- Experience handling employee relations issues and coaching managers.
- Ability to take initiative and implement employee-friendly processes that can help to scale the company.
- Technical proficiency with corporate systems, including Google Apps, and MS Office Suite.
- HRIS experience; Paylocity experience strongly preferred.
- Analytically-minded with demonstrated proficiency in Excel, HR metrics and reporting.
- Experience in successfully interacting with cross-functional teams - particularly Payroll, Accounting, and Office Operations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
- Exceptional written and oral skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- PHR/SPHR-CA and exposure to compensation practices preferred.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.