Strava's Community Management team is looking for a talented individual to join us in our mission to provide technical support as it relates to the product as well as assistance with mobile application, device-specific, and file upload troubleshooting.
About the Role:
As a Technical Support Representative at Strava, you will provide technical support as it relates to the product and assistance with mobile application, device-specific, and file upload troubleshooting. In this role you will:
- Respond to member inquiries including providing general assistance with site functionality, in addition to troubleshooting Strava applications, GPS data problems and activity analysis issues.
- Produce a consistent number of high quality responses to our members on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot site issues, create bug reports, track updates and communicate results to the team.
- Stay on top of product changes, bugs, and updates in order to relay the most accurate information to our members.
- Create knowledge base articles, standard responses and other customer-facing updates.
- Communicate trends based on user feedback and feature requests.
- Collaborate with external departments as necessary to troubleshoot issues and represent support related needs and improvements.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
You are extremely organized and have the ability to work quickly and stay focused. Other requirements include:
- 2+ years in a technical support or customer service role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- You are energetic, self-motivated and have great time management skills.
- Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes.
- Passion for finding solutions and being the “voice” of the user.
- You enjoy the challenge of helping our members and are capable of providing awesome customer support for an online audience that is growing exponentially.
- Exceptional reading comprehension as well as written and oral skills. Strong typing skills are a must.
- You have a strong and demonstrated passion for cycling, running, triathlon or another endurance sport and connect personally with Strava’s mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world.
- Previous experience with Zendesk, JIRA, BBEdit (or other text editors) and GPS file formats as well as hands on experience with Garmin or other GPS devices and applications strongly preferred.
- A well-rounded technical proficiency with browsers, mobile and web platforms, and text editors.
- Experience in successfully interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
- Preference given to foreign language speakers
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.