About this role
This role is designed for a commercial attorney looking for a unique opportunity to have an impact. You’ll be working with our head of legal, and privacy team, to lead the negotiation, documentation and analysis of our technology, licensing, partnership, sales and vendor agreements. We are seeking someone who enjoys working cross-functionally and helping internal teams meet their goals. As a member of a small legal team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of other interesting legal projects.
We believe our legal team is here to enable the business, while protecting the company from risk, and have some fun along the way. We take the work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Review, draft, negotiate and manage all organizational agreements, including commercial and vendor agreements.
- Work closely with our business team to draft and negotiate partnership agreements.
- Lead the organization’s move to better contracts management solutions, including implementation of new contract management solutions.
- Develop and implement best practices, including contract lifecycle management in collaboration with our business, finance, and other teams.
- Help us scale by creating playbooks, refining forms, and educating our employees about best practices.
- Collaborate with the legal team to assess and convey liabilities and risks.
- J.D., admission to California/Colorado Bar or the ability to practice in-house in California/Colorado.
- 3+ years of experience with technology transactions including in-house or law firm experience.
- Passion for craftsmanship in your role, technology and growth mindset.
- Ability to learn and act quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues concisely, using creativity when needed.
- Interest in working on projects outside of commercial contracts.
- Strong communication and analytical skills, detail-oriented, and business friendly.
- The ability to describe and discuss complex issues in a straightforward way.
- High standards, impeccable integrity, unquestionably good judgment, and a keen sense of humor.
- Ability to prioritize well.
- In-house experience at a multinational, consumer-facing technology company is preferred.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.