Sports brings the world together, and Strava is where that connection is made for over 36 million people around the globe. We localize our products into 13 languages besides English, reaching users in 195+ countries. Strava’s Localization Project Manager will work closely with the marketing, product and business to evangelize the importance of global thinking in every step of the development process, and to facilitate the localization of everything Strava produces. He or she must have a deep understanding of software and content localization. We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, and proactive team player who is effectively working across team boundaries, across different time zones and under time pressure.
About the Role
- Oversee the localization and internationalization of product and mobile content into (as of now) following thirteen languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Dutch, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese & Russian
- Oversee the localization and internationalization of product and mobile content into 13 languages.
- Work with internal teams to establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning and delivery of translations and multilingual content.
- Implement ongoing quality assessment systems to ensure high-quality deliveries in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain current glossary
- Work closely with marketing, product teams and country managers to ensure global launch readiness and facilitate in providing a first-class experience for our international users.
- Work closely and maintain relationships with external translators and our localization vendors
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Given timezone differences to HQ, independent, yet collaborative work style is critical for this role
- 3+ years of software localization experience.
- Must feel comfortable working with a broad set of languages across (almost) all continents and timezones
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle for mobile and web platforms, as well as i18n/l10n best practices
- Experience working with product management, marketing, and engineering organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with localization and project management tools, especially Transifex, JIRA, and Asana
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Superior time management, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across culturally diverse and globally distributed teams.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Must perform well and stay calm under time and project related pressure, keeping the overall project goals in sight. Expect the unexpected, be prepared for last-minute fire-drills.
- Proficiency in another language other than English strongly preferred.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.