About This Role
We are looking for an experienced design lead who - alongside their fellow cross-disciplinary leads - will shape the strategic direction of the Strava core consumer experience and lead the execution of what the team ships. You will be passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help athletes train, connect, and reach their full potential. As a Senior Design Lead on our core Experience team you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from working with researchers to define the next great product innovation to pairing with your engineering partners tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of expert product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and lead and own a key area of the Strava product design experience.
What You’ll Do
- Be an influential design leader of our core consumer Experience team helping your cross-functional peers deliver high profile products that succeed in meeting our business and athlete goals.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and research insights and turn them into solutions that are useful and impactful to our millions of athletes around the world.
- Partner with research, as well as regularly conduct your own research, using the insights to drive design decisions.
- Design flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple and elegant then test them to learn if they are effective.
- Be a key contributor to the teams high-level strategic decisions and how they are presented and understood across the company.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing tests & iterations.
- Regularly prototype your design ideas (using InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.) and find lightweight ways to validate them in order to learn and iterate at speed.
- Enhance the capabilities of the design team and push our practice.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market.
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with detailed descriptions of your process, role, and contribution.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach focussed on expediting learning.
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent degree.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco HQ.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.