About this role
Strava is seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial and multi-disciplinary Director of Partnerships & Business Development for a full-time position to accelerate our partnerships with i) digital fitness offerings, gyms and studios and ii) races and events, both globally.
This role is integral to the expansion of Strava’s Gym and Studio Sync Program, officially launched in September 2017, to the growing variety of digitally-enabled fitness experiences in the US and abroad. This leader will also develop our strategy to incorporate events into the platform and create compelling experiences for both athletes and event partners. As a member of the Strava | Business team, you’ll be directly responsible for an important part of Strava’s strategy to become the home of athletes’ entire active lives and driving an important business line for Strava.
We’re looking for someone who is highly strategic and can identify opportunities at the intersection of athlete and partner value. This person must also execute by leading their team in identifying, prioritizing and pitching new partners on the value of Strava, while collaborating with product, design, and marketing to make these partners successful on Strava. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and presenter, is persuasive and brings others with you, and is highly organized with exceptional follow through. A curious mind coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava.
About the Job
- Partnership strategy:
- Develop overall approach to drive both athlete and partner value.
- Define frameworks for partner prioritization and KPIs to measure success
- Work closely with leadership team and Business Product team to help define product needs and solutions and partner programs
- Program Execution and Management
- Lead and drive partnership programs with strategic categories of partners and be accountable for delivering against KPIs and plans
- Manage and mentor business development professionals and help build our business team culture
- Develop partnership structures and agreements, manage negotiations and close deals.
- Work closely with Business Product and API Teams to on board new partners
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams on go-to-market strategy for partnership programs,
- Help partners increase their organic presence on Strava through existing features and marketing opportunities.
- Relationship Building and Management
- Develop strong relationships with partners and deep understanding of their businesses and needs
- Represent Strava in external meetings with prospective and current partners.
- Be the internal expert on your partner categories and able to explain and advocate for their needs and opportunities for Strava
- Capable of both developing a vision and translating it into detailed execution
- Think outside the box - whether it’s crafting a compelling pitch deck, finding data to advance a partner proposal or coming up with creative ways to market partners to Strava athletes
- Deft at group facilitation and stakeholder management
- Results-focused but can balance art and science when making decisions and measuring success
- Passionate about the fitness landscape and well-versed in industry trends and technologies
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years relevant experience in results-driven partnership or business development roles
- Have managed and developed other business development talent
- Proven experience with pitching and signing new partners across multiple verticals, including significant revenue deals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Basic technical knowledge of API integrations
- Prior experience with managing international partnership deals
- Experience with integrated marketing programs using PR, email, social media, and other owned and earned channels
- Experience in digital advertising or developer relations preferred
- MBA preferred
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.