About this role
Millions of people are motivated by Strava every day. Our goal is to be the home of their athletic lives, capturing their activities, inspiring them every day, and making every activity count. Strava is looking for an experienced engineering manager to build and lead a team of product engineers, working cross functionally with product, design, and analytics stakeholders.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava’s Engineering and your role in it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts, and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
- This is a full-time role based in our Denver, CO office.
- Build and develop a team of high performing engineers who are engaged by and excited about solving Strava’s engineering challenges
- Collaborate with design, product management, and analytics leaders to define and execute on a roadmap for one of Strava’s product verticals
- Manage performance, career growth, and development for your direct reports
- Enable your organization to scale by setting direction and goals then empowering your team to make decisions
- Influence company-wide technology decisions as a member of our engineering leadership team
What we’re looking for
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical degree
- 5-8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience in leading and managing high-performing engineering teams
- Experience building iOS, Android, and web experiences simultaneously
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and balancing a process orientation with a results orientation to get things done efficiently and effectively
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers to help them grow in their careers
- A track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- The ability to make difficult decisions, manage performance, and hold a high bar for the quality of the engineers who you lead
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished presenter to cross-functional audiences
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.