Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role
Strava is seeking a Senior Copywriter who can address a wide spectrum of our creative needs. That means you’ll play a key role at the very start of our projects as a fearless generator of ideas and a creative foil for your colleagues, then carry those ideas through rounds of stakeholder feedback with thoughtful presentations, and ultimately bring those ideas to life with clear and compelling copywriting. Although this position is rooted within marketing, you’ll flow freely across various groups in the organization (e.g., product, design and business development), assisting anyone who needs sharp writing or creative problem solving.
- Create big ideas, campaigns, activations, experiences and ads
- Write manifestos, scripts, blogs, emails and in-app communications
- Present concepts, works in progress and final creative
- Proofread anything and everything that crosses your path
- Listen and adapt to feedback from your colleagues and athlete research
- Partner with other members of the organization to amplify their work
- Believe in the Strava brand and constantly look to inject our values into the work and advocate in the interests of the athlete
- Collaborative and egoless. We list this first because we really mean it. You’ll be part of a kind and generous team that will be completely committed to your success, and we expect the same in return.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting. That said, it’s not about how many years you’ve been working – it’s about your maturity as a creative.
- Proven conceptual experience. You’ve successfully generated winning concepts and experiences for respected brands.
- Great presentation skills. You can confidently articulate a concept and sell a room on your idea.
- Strong grasp of the athlete’s lexicon and an informed understanding of what makes them tick. You have to know how to motivate athletes.
- Hard-working and autonomous. You’ll be creating important work with little supervision.
- Thick-skinned and dependably optimistic. You can balance your desire for perfection with a sense of humor and a resilient spirit.
- Your tolerance for spelling errors and bad grammar is inspiringly low.
- Intellectually curious and globally minded. We serve all kinds of athletes from all kinds of places.
Candidates must author an original and compelling cover letter to be considered. Have some fun and show us what you got.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.