Be a Part of Strava Metro
Strava Metro is a division of Strava with the mission to produce state-of-the-art spatial and analytical data products and services to make cycling, running, and walking in cities better. Metro strives to affect the way we move through urban areas while providing insight into how safety, mobility, and public health can be improved. The team will work to create scalable interactive insights tools for pedestrian and bike planners in thousands of communities all over the world. The Metro team builds products to help these customers understand how they can better serve their constituents through the design and planning in communities and open spaces. As a member of this team you’ll help further Strava’s mission of creating positive, tangible social impact. As an member of the team, you’ll contribute directly to marketing and sales strategy that puts Metro data in the hands of decision makers.
About this role
Strava has a healthy and growing Metro subscription business, one that has tremendous growth opportunity as our customers grow and as we continue to develop, optimize, and market Strava Metro products. The Strava Metro team is growing its reach and engagement with public agency customers, such as transportation agencies, cities, counties and states, and acquiring customers in adjacent sectors. We are looking for someone to coordinate sales and marketing tasks with a focus on North America but also serving many international markets, who can take the lead on bringing Metro products to our customers. This position requires an unusual combination of skills, bringing together an understanding of government transportation, funding and planning while pitching and closing deals as Metro expands across the country. You will help to source new leads and develop marketing materials for multiple markets.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the General Manager to identify key stakeholders in target markets and support in creation and execution of sales
- Lead and develop the sales team with scalable process and practices
- Articulate Metro’s value proposition to decision makers, with marketing and direct sales that demonstrate how Metro can help address challenges in active transportation planning and design
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develop and execute a strategic sales plan to achieve annual and quarterly targets and to expand Strava Metro’s customer base worldwide
- Develop and optimize a robust pipeline of qualified inbound opportunities that will enable the sales team to meet or exceed its goals
- Track and analyze sales metrics such as sales cycle lengths, conversion rates, and average deal size
- Accurately forecast sales revenue and analyze the sales team’s key performance indicators, trends and results
- Work with the sales team to develop materials for sales and marketing for indirect opportunities with 3rd party sales
- Negotiate contracts between the Strava legal team and potential customers
- Manage content strategy and production for Strava Metro to engage potential clients and our community of interest, such as white papers, blog posts, landing pages and the Strava Metro website
- Maintain and promote professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, national conferences, webinars for transportation and multimodal planning; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in educational opportunities both individually and across the team
- Work with the Strava marketing team to develop messaging through the consumer experience that using Strava will improve their community by helping decision makers understand where people are walking and biking
- Track, measure, and analyze all marketing initiatives and keep the company updated on marketing performance
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to deliver an exceptional experience for current and new customers
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate degree with at least 5-7 years of experience in managing sales and marketing ideally in SaaS or with experience as a consultant, vendor or staff with transportation planning agencies
- Knowledge of the transportation and city planning landscape in North America. International experience is a bonus, but not required
- A passion for and strong understanding of the public sector and Strava Metro’s mission
- Experience both sourcing and closing deals as the direct point of contact through the sales cycle
- Proven track record for meeting and exceeding individual quarterly revenue targets
- Experience with sales and marketing operations and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Over 80% of our users are international. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.