Be a Part of Strava Metro
Strava Metro is a division of Strava with the mission to produce state-of-the-art spatial and analytical data products and services to make cycling, running, and walking in cities better. Metro strives to affect the way we move through urban areas while providing insight into how safety, mobility, and public health can be improved. The team works to create scalable interactive insights tools for pedestrian and bike planners in thousands of communities all over the world. The Metro team builds products to help these customers understand how they can better serve their constituents through the design and planning in communities and open spaces. As a member of this team you’ll help further Strava’s mission of creating positive, tangible social impact. You will contribute directly to filling our sales pipeline with new public agency partners.
About this role:
Strava has a healthy and growing Metro subscription business, one that has tremendous growth opportunity as our customers grow and as we continue to develop, optimize, and market Strava Metro products. The Strava Metro team is growing its reach and engagement with public agency customers, such as transportation agencies, cities, counties and states, and acquiring customers in adjacent sectors. We are looking for someone to position Metro Enterprise in front of U.S. and European customers. This is a new role for the team and you will have the ability to shape and grow it and set up the team for success. This position is the perfect opportunity for a self-starter who will have influence over the sales pipeline of Metro. You will help to source new leads and open relationships at U.S. and European government transportation agencies.
The position is flexible on location. The selected candidate will focus on clients located in Western Europe.
What You’ll Do
- Source sales opportunities from major metropolitan areas, cities, states, and countries.
- Utilize consultative sales presentations and face to face selling that maximizes opportunity generation from target accounts
- Implement effective time and territory management skills to manage a diverse client prospect territory
- Travel approximately 50% of the time to visit prospective public agency client accounts on the East Coast, Canada and in Western Europe
- Achieve and/or exceed personal sales revenue target
- Act with urgency and purpose in the achievement of stated sales revenue goals
- Establish connections through effective prospecting and networking in targeted public agencies
- Experience in Enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Sales or Outside Sales
- Liaise with government procurement / legal offices and Strava legal to negotiate contracts.
What We’re Looking For
- BA or BS in Advertising, Marketing, Business or related field
- 3+ years’ recent experience selling enterprise software or other B2B technologies
- Sales to government agencies a plus
- Expertise using a CRM system
- Experience sourcing deals and collaborating with Account Executives
- Broad conceptual understanding of the transportation, public agency and government market
- Proven track record of excellence in sales (awards, top rankings, etc.) using solution sales techniques to source deals
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team oriented sales environment that allows for collaboration
- Superior interpersonal,communication, presentation and writing skills Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to strategically plan sales calls and execute follow-up with prospects, clients, internal staff and management
- Ability to travel throughout the on the East Coast and in Western Europe
- Fluency in either French, Spanish or German a plus
- A passion for equitable, non motorized transit and sustainable urban development
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Over 80% of our users are international. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.