Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomises our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionise our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role:
Our goal is to dominate with runners who race, so we need you to ensure all the top running races have a home on Strava. You'll devise and implement the strategy for achieving this.
Reporting to the UK country manager, but with a global remit, this role offers the opportunity to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship building, organisational excellence, as well as show passion for running. The successful applicant will work with country managers in selected territories to ensure that all of the top running races have a home on Strava.
This is a full time office based role for a 3 month period. Based in Strava’s European office in Bristol, occasional travel may be required.
- Build a database of the top running events. Help to build their home on Strava using the product tools at your disposal.
- Work with Race organisers for mutual gains. We want more runners to join Strava, race organisers want more awareness for their events, we both want a great experience for runners.
- Reporting. Build and share a report to understand global events and Strava’s position within them.
- Develop Strava’s Playbook for working with running events.
- You understand the authentic Strava athlete. You love to run, ride, swim and/or do other activities.
- You have a marketing mind. You can plan, build and execute marketing partnerships. You know how to throw a party, whom to invite and how to get people there.
- You are a rockstar. Creative, outgoing, social, and positive. You are scrappy and entrepreneurial and figure out a way to get things done and get people to help you.
- You can work in Bristol for 3 months. The role will be office based.
- You can organise. Tasks, information, people.
- You have an international mindset, have traveled abroad and ideally speak a foreign language (German, French, Spanish or Portuguese).
- You can demonstrate that you are a self-starter, possibly through a degree or business.
You have first hand knowledge of the running community.
You are proficient in Strava, spreadsheets, presentations, and have had prior experience communicating professionally via email.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.