Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Senior Accountant Position:
This position will take the lead on the expense side of the P&L. This person will own the accounting for expenses and spend across all parts of the business, including company credit cards, expense reports, recurring monthly subscription expenses, and related contracts and renewals. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in accounting for small or mid-sized companies focused on financial analysis. An independent working style with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality is a crucial necessity for success in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with our leadership team to evaluate our contracts, subscriptions, and renewal periods to find expense optimization opportunities
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and tracking of cost reduction projects
- Interface directly with vendors to understand our spending patterns and opportunities to optimize
- Gather data and work with the financial analyst to prepare reports for leadership that accurately and succinctly summarize our spend by department, cost center, and business line
- Analyze and proactively manage P&L accounts to note and resolve large variances from month to month, or variances versus our financial operating plan
- Manage and audit usage of corporate credit cards and company expense reports
- Record and manage corporate expenses, credit card, and overall expense policy
- Research accounting topics including but not limited to Revenue and Lease Standards
- Be an integral component of the close process
- Prepare financial statements, in the future
- Propose and implement policies to ensure controls are in place for growth
What You'll Need:
- 4+ Years in an Accounting
- CPA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related studies
- Experience in Accounting systems such as Netsuite (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Experience handling confidential information and matters with discretion
- Experience in the Supply Chain or Logistics industry
- Public Accounting experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.