Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Application Architect Position:
We currently have six development teams and we plan to grow to eight teams. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on full stack architect that has 12+ years of experience with application development, and at least the last four years of which have been in an application architect role. The Full stack Application Architect keeps the implementation teams flowing by promoting best practices and prototyping designs for up-coming sprints through working code. The designs include Postman endpoints, database ERD, data dictionary, and design documentation (confluence page) bringing all the design thoughts, decisions, and artifacts together in one places for review by the team before the effort is kicked off.
The Full stack Application Architect looks for ways to break down complexity, into simple components, and to allow teams to work in parallel.
Preference for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, and IN
What You'll Do:
- Solve the toughest technical challenges in the Supply Chain ecosystem by creating technical designs for two sprint teams. Designs are proven with working code and documented.
- Breakdown the application into services based on your understanding of the domain. Design the interfaces using REST or asynchronous messaging (Kafka)
- Design a transactional database for a multi-tenant SaaS application that can scale.
- Develop design patterns and coding standards as means to codify best practices for front-end, backend, and devops.
- Spread best practices and share your designs through working-code, mentoring, and documentation.
- Point out risks and issues during implementation, and catalog and prioritize technical-debt/enablers
What You'll Need:
- 12+ years' experience of full-stack software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- Hands on experience in multiple back and front end languages (preferably Ruby and React)
- Experience with Cloud Architecture (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience building entire CI/CD pipelines (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Passion for building the highest-quality software; building in quality from the start
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup; stay a sprint or two ahead of the teams
- Extensive experience working on production-level code for complex, multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Drive to create a reliable and maintainable application using automation and 12-factor app principles
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Prior start-up experience
- Production level coding experience in Elixir
- Experience in the Supply Chain & Logistics industry
- Experience working with WMS software is required, although experience with ERP, TMS, and/or OMS software is a bonus
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.