Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, You will be part of a highly dynamic and innovative quality engineering team working on the latest technologies in an exciting fast-growing company. We are looking for a mid-level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). You will be responsible for finding, analyzing, and reporting defects and other software issues. SDET will work collaboratively with the development and product management teams to ensure our software is free of defects and meets established quality standards and system requirements. Your primary focus will be manual testing as well as automated testing. The successful candidate possesses a strong sense of curiosity, demonstrates attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and an interest in continuous learning.
What you’ll do
- Work closely and collaboratively with engineers and product managers to ensure the delivery of the high-quality product
- Improve the customers’ experiences by understanding what’s important, measuring how we’re doing, and driving testing priorities to improve
- Actively participate in team sprint planning and grooming meetings
- Perform functional, regression, and smoke testing on newly developed and current products
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases that follow best practices and techniques
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Identify and raise risks throughout the system development life cycle, monitor efforts to ensure timely resolution of product issues
- Apply strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meets end-user expectations
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated test cases within an existing testing framework
- Participate in release testing during code deployment to customer-facing environments
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the QA team to gain product knowledge, overcome testing challenges, and share test results
- Drive Software Test Engineering Best Practices and Strategies (Automation, Performance, Load, and Security Testing)
- Contribute to the long-term roadmap and planning to enhance the organization's testing capabilities
- Design, create, document, and/or implement test strategies, test automation, and quality tools and processes.
- Review functional and technical documentation to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality. Perform automated testing of shared web services, and execute all components of product testing such as functional regression, end-to-end testing, database testing, performance, and load testing.
- Develop new testing tools to make the testing process effective and efficient.
- Full working knowledge of Github and its best practices as well as the CI/CD process
- ome up, and responding with a sense of urgency.
Nice to have skills
- 3-5 years experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C#, Java, or TypeScript
- 3-5 years of experience developing and maintaining test automation for Web & Mobile Applications
- Solid understanding of QA tools and automated testing environments
- Experience in developing end-to-end tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum QA environment
StockX is proud to be a Detroit-based technology leader focused on the large and growing online market for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles, trading cards, and more. StockX's powerful platform connects buyers and sellers of high-demand consumer goods from around the world using dynamic pricing mechanics. This approach affords access and market visibility powered by real-time data that empowers buyers and sellers to determine and transact based on market value. The StockX platform features hundreds of brands across verticals including Jordan Brand, adidas, Nike, Supreme, BAPE, Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Gucci; collectibles from artists including KAWS and Takashi Murakami; and electronics from industry-leading manufacturers Sony, Microsoft, Nvidia, and Apple. Launched in 2016, StockX employs more than 1,000 people across offices and verification centers around the world.