Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
The core network is what makes the Stellar network "tick". If you're interested in challenging and interesting technical problems, and take pride in leading and growing teams, read on! Problems to solve at that layer include distributed systems topics like Stellar's consensus and peer to peer algorithms; defining the base protocol that users of the network can utilize; all that sprinkled with designing rules inspired by game theory to promote the best behavior in network participants.
You have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. As a senior manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, help develop your team and are always on the lookout to remove roadblocks. You will join to help the team deliver on its promises of high performance and high quality software. This role reports to our CTO.
In this role, you will:
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the broader organization's goals. Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams.
- Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role and aligned to the broader organization's goals. Meet regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching.
- Help develop and drive the short-term technical vision and roadmap within the scope of your team. Evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs.
- Design, guide and vet systems designs within the scope of the broader area, and write product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with software development in one or more system programming languages (e.g., C++, Rust).
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role (technical leadership or people management, supervision, or team leadership).
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills and are comfortable working with remote team members.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Direct experience working on distributed systems, storage systems, secure sandbox environments
- Open source contributor
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats