With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
What Success Looks Like:
- Bring the system to life and mentor teammates to do the same
- Hands-on coding and system integration - largely in C++
- Production experience in modern C++
- Exposure to / experience with Python, Go, iOS is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in autonomy domain - especially Perception, Infrastructure, or Human-Machine Interface
- Experience in experimentation, testing, and design iteration of complex systems
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in system performance, and develop novel components to unlock new improved capabilities and reliability.
- Experience with containerized services in datacenter or cloud environments (e.g., AWS)
- Familiarity with rich sensor data (e.g., LIDAR, RADAR, camera)
- Promote best practices with respect to, CI/CD, quality, and development practices to produce a customer facing product
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer and Business Unit Leader in translating systems-level decisions to actionable engineering work:
- Assist in scoping of engineering efforts for tasks
- Understand and aid in assessing technical risks and opportunities
- Secondary point of contact for technical questions and tradeoffs with respect to project monitor and provide updates on development schedule
- Contribute to overall technical architecture decision-making for the team
- Experience working on a product with customer/user feedback loops
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.