With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. We are looking for strong software engineers at all levels to help in designing and developing the onboard infrastructure for the next-generation self-driving systems. This requires strong ownership over critical components. Candidates need to understand, experiment, collaborate, and build robust, scalable onboard infrastructure which are real-time and safety-critical for our self-driving vehicles. Candidates should have a mission-driven mindset to deliver a product, which entails significant cross-functional interaction, and a customer-centric obsession to deliver a compelling product.
What Success Looks Like:
- Be part of a team of engineers to develop robust, scalable onboard infrastructure for our self-driving vehicle systems. This will include developing the core middleware that will accommodate multiple deep learning models and will be deployed on board, as well as in the cloud, for simulation, testing, and verification.
- Own delivery of various components of our onboard infrastructure and tooling, in partnership with teams in Autonomy, Cloud Simulation, and Safety to meet our product needs.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in system performance, and develop novel approaches to unlock new capabilities and ensure a reliable system.
- Strike a balance between performance, user experience, and maintainability for core components that are used across our product development organization.
- Constantly evaluate tradeoffs that need to be made in a resource-constrained environment, and work closely with hardware and firmware engineers to drive initiatives that enable our robotics middleware to maximize system capabilities.
- Participate in the design of our middleware APIs, to ensure that they are intuitive to use correctly, are performant, and ultimately stand the test of time.
- Experience building performance critical applications deployed in resource constrained environments, for use in real world applications with a strong understanding of the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Strong experience with C/C++.
- Strong understanding of the POSIX programming environment.
- Familiarity with software engineering and algorithm design and architecture patterns.
- Familiarity with concurrent and parallel programming.
- Familiarity with common tooling and libraries such as bazel, boost, abseil etc is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience with writing high performance code in Linux is a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.