With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven people in all operations roles from managing people, to managing annotation pipelines, to testing autonomous vehicles. Candidates with deep operations experience who are able to rapidly adapt to new problems and domains and who know how to work in teams to bring structure and efficiency are highly desired. Candidates who have experience working with engineering in new product development are desired.
What Success Looks Like:
- Operate an autonomous truck, testing the autonomous system as a whole.
- Perform the daily operations and testing of the autonomous vehicles within the development fleet.
- Function within and contribute to a culture of safety, safeguarding the reputation of our company and industry.
- Participate in pre- and post-shift briefings as needed, receiving, processing, and - when necessary - challenging the information required for safe development, testing, and operating of our technology.
- Conduct pre-mission vehicle inspections and checklists, completing documentation that proactively ensures platform readiness and safety.
- Safely and compliantly log hours working with and on our development fleet of autonomous vehicles.
- Continuously improve the autonomy product by executing stress testing and generating concise reports.
- Provide clear, actionable, and effective feedback on system/vehicle performance and behaviors by way of daily stand-ups and syncs with team members, management, and leadership.
- Demonstrate effective execution of missions, balancing quality with deliberate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate efficient time-management skills, balancing meaningful work units with respect to time.
- Perform other related and operations-critical duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- A clean driving record, capable of clearing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background check.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional understanding of business computing systems (PC/Mac/Linux).
- Thorough understanding and application of OSHA, DOT, FMCSA regulations with a functional understanding of commercial vehicle equipment and inspection including Electronic Logging Devices (ELD).
- Travel based from the work location above (Pittsburgh, PA), intermittent to regular up to 50%.
- Experience operating commercial motor vehicles, preferably Class 8 trucks.
- Experience operating any class or type of SAE L2-4 autonomous vehicle.
- Experience with Driver Monitoring Systems (DMS) and applying the information provided.
- Additional qualification could include but are not limited to additional CDL-related endorsement, trainings/train-the-trainer, other autonomous industry certifications, or additional technical training.
- Experience working with virtual carriers, digital brokers, and/or any smartphone apps for owner operators.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.