With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. As a Training Specialist, you will contribute to the development, facilitation, and evaluation of our autonomous vehicle training programs as well as frequently operate and test our autonomous vehicles on both public roads and closed courses. You will serve as an ambassador for safe operations, providing feedback on autonomous system performance and behaviors, while helping to produce the next generation of Operational Specialists.
What Success Looks Like:
- Maintain a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brakes endorsement and a driving record, capable of clearing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background check.
- Facilitating and evaluating Operations training programs, including certification and endorsement programs, continuous education and remediation initiatives, and day-to-day coaching experiences.
- Contributing to the development and refinement of all Operations training programs, working in collaboration with members of the OEX team and various cross-team stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Collaborating with operational leaders to support the onboarding and continued development of Operational Specialists and those who operate our vehicles and self-driving system.
- Completing all Operations training programs in order to model and support the safe operations of a test vehicle equipped with autonomous systems on both closed courses and public roads.
- Participating in weekly team meetings and collaboratively working on team projects whenever assigned.
- Participating in shift briefings to receive information required for safe development, testing and operating of our technology.
- Demonstrating efficient time-management skills, balancing meaningful work units with respect to time.
- Performing other related and operations-critical duties as assigned by management.
- Extensive experience as an industry related trainer and/or coach as well as vehicle operator of, preferably Class 8A commercial motor vehicles.
- Knowledge on and experience with on-the-job performance evaluations and the provision of both written and verbal constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional understanding of business computing systems (PC/Mac/Linux).
- Travel based from the work location above (Pittsburgh, PA), intermittent to regular up to 50%.
- An understanding of DOT and FMCSA regulations with a functional understanding of commercial motor vehicle equipment including the Electronic Logging Devices (ELD).
- Experience as an industry-specific trainer; facilitating varied instructional (eLearning, classroom-based, behind-the-wheel coaching) approaches with adult learners; and, experience in instructional design and/or content development.
- Experience operating any class or type of SAE L2-4 autonomous vehicle
- Able to individually contribute to operational advancement as well as work collaboratively with members of the OPM team and cross-functionally.
- Additional qualifications include but are not limited to additional CDL-related endorsement or other autonomous industry certifications.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.