With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. We are looking for strong software engineers at all levels to help in developing and deploying prediction and motion planning components for next-generation self-driving systems. This requires strong ownership over critical components. Candidates need to understand, experiment, improve, and field state-of-the-art prediction and motion planning systems in real-time, safety-critical applications. We are focused on building a product. Candidates should have a mission-driven mindset to deliver a product, which entails significant cross-functional interaction, and a customer-centric obsession to deliver a compelling product.
What Success Looks Like:
- Be part of a team of engineers to develop state-of-the-art prediction and motion planning modules for self-driving vehicle systems.
- Own delivery of prediction and motion planning modules that solve on-vehicle problems and deliver for customer needs - meeting product requirements and meeting the needs of the controls system, providing a safe, smooth trajectory for the system to follow.
- Provide input in the technical direction for the team, and work cross-functionally to develop safe systems. This will include working closely with other teams such as perception, localization, and controls to ensure that the input to the prediction or motion planning modules is appropriate.
- Work closely with systems engineers to ensure a safe, well tested product is delivered.
- Work closely with verification teams to ensure proper testing and validation of the prediction and motion planning modules. Make extensive use of unit testing, simulation, and log simulation to properly validate their work.
- Spend time on the vehicles to experience in person the efforts being worked.
- Provide input to team roadmaps and ensure product features are properly prioritized.
- Develop prediction and motion planning models for real time, resource constrained applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in system performance, and develop novel prediction and motion planning components to unlock new capabilities and ensure a reliable system.
- Be involved in experimentation, design and iteration exercises, and help to align stakeholders by using strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience architecting, training, and deploying machine learned models.
- Experience building prediction or motion planning systems for real world applications with a strong understanding of the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Knowledge and experience with real-time algorithms, and machine learning approaches.
- Strong experience in software engineering and algorithm design.
- Fluent in C++.
- Experience with Python a plus.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.