With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. The onboard infrastructure team at Stack AV is hiring for strong software engineers at all levels who can take ownership of critical components, experiment, collaborate, and build robust, scalable onboard infrastructure that is real-time and safety-critical for their self-driving vehicles. The ideal candidate should have a mission-driven mindset to deliver a product that entails significant cross-functional interaction and customer centric obsession to deliver a compelling product.
What Success Looks Like:
- Be part of a team of engineers to develop robust, scalable onboard infrastructure for our self-driving vehicle systems.
- Develop, scale, and support the onboard deployment of our self-driving stack, and partner closely with our Cloud teams responsible for release management to ensure that our software packages and updates can be deployed reliably.
- Own automation of the deployment of various artifacts onboard.
- Ensure security, robustness, and reliability necessary for a safety-critical, self-driving vehicle product.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in both our system reliability and operational overhead, and partner closely with cross-functional teams to improve efficiency.
- Strike a balance between performance, user experience, and maintainability for our core onboard deployment workflow.
- Constantly evaluate tradeoffs that need to be made in a resource-constrained environment, and work closely with cross-functional teams, such as operations to both serve their needs and a roadmap for the team that aligns with broader product goals.
- Strong experience in Python, C/C++.
- Strong understanding of the POSIX programming environment and automation.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration and Systemd a plus.
- Familiarity with a package management system, nix, deb or yocto a plus.
- Familiarity with software engineering and algorithm design and architecture patterns.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Large scale software lifecycle management is a plus.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.