With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. We are looking for high-caliber software engineers at all levels to help in developing libraries, tooling, and frameworks to instrument and optimize software that runs on board our self-driving systems. This role requires strong ownership of components within this area and deep collaboration with other teams developing onboard software. Candidates need to build instrumentation, tooling, and libraries that allow us to develop deep insights into the performance of our onboard components, both on the CPU and GPU, and help us reason about latencies, resource allocation, and budgets.
What Success Looks Like:
- Be part of a team of engineers who are responsible for the performance of our onboard infrastructure. This will include tooling, libraries, and instrumentation into all code that runs onboard, including CPU, GPU, and Network.
- Develop relationships and close partnerships with our Autonomy teams, and collaborate with them to deliver performance insights and optimizations that increase the robustness of our Deep Learning stack, and at the same time, open up more room for features.
- Enable data-driven budget allocation in a resource-constrained environment.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in system performance, and develop novel approaches to unlock new capabilities and ensure a reliable system.
- Strike balance between performance, user experience and maintainability for core components that are used across our product development organization.
- Experience building performance critical applications deployed in resource constrained environments either on CPU or GPU, for use in real world applications with a strong understanding of the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Strong experience with performance oriented C/C++ programming on Linux.
- Strong analytical skills, and track record for performance troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with CUDA or SIMD programming models a plus and GPU performance tooling a plus.
- Familiarity with linux performance tooling such as perf, ftrace and c a plus.
- Experience with inference optimization and instrumentation on edge platforms is a plus.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively to ensure functional correctness remains, and that optimizations improve the result for the “customer” teams.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.