With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments. We are looking for a lead to build up a team developing and deploying simulation tooling for next-generation self-driving systems. This requires strong ownership over critical components. Candidates need to understand, experiment, improve, and field robust, scalable simulation tooling for testing real-time, safety-critical applications. We are focused on building a product. Candidates should have a mission-driven mindset to deliver a product, which entails significant cross-functional interaction, and a customer-centric obsession to deliver a compelling product.
What Success Looks Like:
- Build and lead a team of engineers to develop robust, scalable simulation tooling for testing self-driving vehicle systems. This will include simulation tooling for testing end-to-end autonomy, autonomy behavior, and log playback with simulation.
- Own delivery of simulation tooling that provides rapid, scalable, repeatable, and robust simulation tooling that meets the needs of autonomy developers.
- Set the technical direction for the team, and work cross-functionally to develop the simulation capabilities. This will include working closely with teams such as perception, prediction, planning, controls, and localization, to ensure that the inputs and outputs of the system are properly modeled, and that simulation features developed meet the immediate and long-term needs of the team.
- Work closely with systems engineers to ensure the simulation tooling provides an environment for ensuring the safety and functionality of the autonomy system.
- Work closely with autonomy teams to ensure that a viable product is delivered.
- Manage team roadmaps and ensure product features are properly prioritized.
- Identify bottlenecks and limitations in system performance, and develop novel approaches to unlock new capabilities and ensure a reliable system.
- Drive experimentation, design and iteration exercises, and align stakeholders by using strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with strong, hands-on leadership of a team of engineers.
- Experience building simulation systems for real world applications with a strong understanding of the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Knowledge and experience with scalable tools and algorithms.
- Strong experience in software engineering and algorithm design.
- Fluent in Python.
- Experience with C++ a plus.
- Experience with Carla and other simulators is a plus.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.