With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
Specifically, we are looking for software engineers to help design, implement, and test software for two areas of the autonomous vehicle. First, the system of onboard monitors and diagnostics that will detect off-nominal conditions in the system. These off-nominal conditions may be purely software or hardware-related or a result of complex iterations in the system. Second, in response to detected off-nominal conditions, determine a response (referred to as a minimum risk maneuver) in order to achieve a safe state (referred to as the minimum risk condition) in the presence of faults.
For this role, software development will require strong fundamentals in software and hardware topics, will require working in a highly cross-functional environment, and given the application will require software engineering activities to be conducted to a high degree of rigor necessary to contribute to an autonomous truck operating on-road.
What Success Looks Like:
- Work cross-functionally with various software and hardware teams to identify faults in the system, and determine strategies to detect them. This may require new hardware and software, or leveraging existing. Collaborate with systems and safety engineers to ensure full coverage of monitoring and diagnostic functions.
- Develop a framework for monitors and diagnostics, with patterns and libraries that can be applied across the system for fault detection and notification.
- Help develop approaches to verify and validate monitoring and diagnostic software.
- Design a software system for analyzing fault conditions and selecting an appropriate minimum risk maneuver from a systems and safety perspective.
- Develop software to interface with autonomy software to execute execution of the selected minimum risk maneuver to completion.
- Apply expertise in developing hard real-time, safety significant C/C++ software in mission critical systems.
- Apply expertise in developing software for systems that must be compliant with ISO-26262 or similar.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.