With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
What Success Looks Like:
- Design mechanical solutions to integrate sensors and computers into autonomous vehicles.
- Transition mechanical designs to prototype houses and mechanical manufacturing facilities.
- Test and qualify mechanical designs for use on road vehicles.
- Design cooling solutions for electronics and review thermal analysis.
- Evaluate and specify supplier component designs, requirements, and test plans.
- Take technical ownership of a hardware delivery through the full development cycle.
- Work XF with a team of stakeholders to define requirements, architecture, and system design.
- Present mechanical solutions to cross functional teams.
- Architect and greenfield novel solutions for mechanical and electronic integration into vehicles.
- Collaborate with suppliers and OEM partners on designs and solution sets.
- Perform sensor field of view analysis, and static / dynamic tolerance simulations.
- Travel required to visit vehicle bringup and test facilities for hardware debug and initial integration as well as to visit the facilities of suppliers, manufacturers, and OEM partners.
- Proficient in CATIA, Solidworks, or an equivalent design tool.
- Experience with in specifying acceptable mechanical tolerancing limits.
- Experience with PLM tools and document revision control.
- Familiarity with a broad range of manufacturing processes.
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle of a HW design; you’ve “shipped a product”.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.