With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
Specifically, we are looking for systems engineers to help develop safe, reliable, and performant self-driving systems for autonomous trucks that will perform long-distance transportation of goods. As systems engineers, we need your expertise to help understand and map product requirements to detailed safety and functional engineering requirements and work with functional hardware and software teams to develop technical approaches, designs, and test strategies. As an early-stage startup, in addition to developing the product, we must also design and implement our engineering processes that will be used to develop our product with the supporting systems and safety pedigree.
We are mission-driven to develop, test, and field a product quickly that solves our customers’ needs, while also conducting that development to the high degree of engineering rigor necessary for autonomous vehicles operating on public roadways. Particularly in systems engineering roles, we are looking for candidates who can work in a highly cross-functional environment, think holistically about a complex system of systems, and have a customer-centric obsession.
What Success Looks Like
- Work with Product stakeholders to understand product requirements necessary for a commercially successful product and help develop detailed safety and functional engineering requirements that will result in a system that meet the necessary product objectives to be successful in the market.
- Develop requirements that are practical, complete, and testable.
- Identify and develop practical approaches for testing the system and components thereof.
- Conducting root cause analysis to determine underlying causes of issues and faults.
- Select and bring online tools and frameworks for conducting systems engineering tasks and work products.
- Apply subject matter expertise of standards such as ISO-26262, ISO 21448 (SOTIF), and UL 4600 in the development of on-road autonomous vehicles.
- Guide and mentor systems and safety engineers embedded in functional teams. Review work products and fill in gaps.
- Provide guidance, subject matter expertise, and mentorship to the broader product development organization on systems engineering topics.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.