With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a powerhouse team of TPMs to help in planning and execution of the next-generation self-driving systems. Candidates need to understand the technical nuances of the AV system or an equivalent complex safety critical system and be able to forge collaboration and trust across cross-functional teams to build safe and robust self-driving vehicles. In this role, candidates will be responsible for end-to-end workstreams that span across multiple teams within Hardware, Supply Chain, Firmware, Infrastructure SW, Autonomy SW, Simulation, Systems & Test, and many others. Candidates should have a mission-driven mindset to ensure the fastest possible execution to deliver a high-quality and safe product.
What Success Looks Like:
- Manage end to end workstreams within specific work scope e.g. data pipelines, fault management, vehicle integration etc
- Keep granular track of technical breakdown of activities scoped for each product milestone and maintain a cross functional roadmap of everything that needs to be accomplished to deliver to the product milestone
- Develop detailed tactical schedule as well as high level long term plans for the workstreams assigned
- Identify bottlenecks / limitations in team deliverables and partner closely with cross functional teams on any dependencies
- Maintain and track risks as well as uncertainties and develop contingency plans to ensure the workstreams do not stall. Be prepared to handle multiple workstreams as part of your scope (adjusted by level hired at)
- Constantly evaluate tradeoffs that need to be made in a resource constrained environment, and flag issues where a decision is required. Facilitate buy in across teams and make recommendations when needed to get the team out of a stalemate
- Develop relationships with your cross functional stakeholders that will allow you to push pull on a technical path forward as needed through constructive discussion and brainstorming
- Develop reporting proposals and report out on behalf of the workstreams assigned in various forums e.g. standups, exec reviews, all hands etc. Help the teams pull together relevant information needed to present to the broader org from time to time.
- Strong experience as a hands on engineer prior to becoming a TPM required in robotics, automotive, aerospace or technology domains
- Strong understanding of complex safety critical systems integration in one or more domains mentioned above
- Familiarity or past experience in autonomous robotic systems is a plus
- Familiarity with standard TPM tooling like JIRA, Big Picture, Google Slides, Sheets or equivalent.
- Familiarity with typical HW and SW development lifecycles in a robotics environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Hyper organized mindset with an acute focus on details required
- Willingness to jump into an unknown area to solve problems and learn something new is desirable
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.