Who are We?
We want to change the world, and we’ve already done it once. SpiderOak has been building encrypted software since before the first iPhone was released.
SpiderOak is committed to building secure and reliable software that protects our customers’ data. Our approach is fundamentally different from most mainstream security companies. Instead of adding layers of security on top of an insecure system, we build software that is inherently secure.
SpiderOak builds need-to-know technology that supports customers working in hostile environments. Traditional systems trust IT infrastructure to maintain the whole security system, even though the news is rife with evidence that this model does not work. Our software combines end to end encryption with a distributed ledger (aka Blockchain) technology to offer best-in-class security with no backdoors.
This job is remote-hybrid with an office located in the Reston, VA area.
Who We Need
SpiderOak is looking for an individual contributor to grow our space business. This individual contributor will report to the VP of Solutions. This position will be focused on US Government Space Programs while maintaining an eye towards commercial space.
The Technical Program and Project Specialist I will be required to:
- Manage many of the day-to-day deliverables of the Program Management office such as;
- Keeping projects on a productive path
- Communicating and coordinating with key project stakeholders
- Helping ensure success through meticulous, detailed analysis and effective communication with program leadership
- Reviewing contracts
- Communicating with clients
- Have an ability to support government clients and mission, including developing and managing schedules for contracts and their implementation
- Complete cost analysis, schedules, and objectives
- Develop or improve processes and tools that identify and prioritize areas of concern regarding logistics and procurement
- Assist with report building and have experience with budget tools and data analysis
What You’ll Bring
- 2 - 5 years of Program or Project Management experience
- 2-3 years experience in aerospace or software industry in any engineering role
- Superior organizational skills
- A proven ability to track and monitor milestones and deliverables including the development of processes like invoice tracking
- A strong attention to detail
- An ability to navigate conflict
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills
The Tech PPM will need to work closely with the Program Management team.
Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format.
What We Provide
SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is built on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. In other words, we welcome you just as you are!
To learn more about SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems, visit our website at: https://spideroak.com/home/