Who are We?
We want to change the world, and we’ve already done it once. SpiderOak has been building encrypted software since before the first iPhone was released.
SpiderOak is committed to building secure and reliable software that protects our customers’ data. Our approach is fundamentally different from most mainstream security companies. Instead of adding layers of security on top of an insecure system, we build software that is inherently secure.
SpiderOak builds need-to-know technology that supports customers working in hostile environments. Traditional systems trust IT infrastructure to maintain the whole security system, even though the news is rife with evidence that this model does not work. Our software combines end to end encryption with a distributed ledger (aka Blockchain) technology to offer best-in-class security with no backdoors.
It’s time to rethink cyber security.
Historically, the first step to compromising an information system was to find access to it, or the network it operates on. Today, we’ve connected all systems together in a way that’s put all global adversaries on our doorstep.
Our response to this ever-shifting environment is to remove all central points of compromise by implementing controls cryptographically, on a fully decentralized platform.
Working at SpiderOak offers the chance to work on applied cryptography, asynchronous distributed systems, formal methods, and domain specific languages.
We are driven by how applying cutting edge ideas can lead to foundationally secure systems in orbit and on earth.
Who We Need
- Someone with experience working in Rust (and C++) who can provide us with writing reliable, maintainable code.
- A curious, creative, Software Engineer with relevant work experience in an Agile/Scrum environment. You'll have a desire to continue to build your skills and knowledge in Cryptography, or you'll bring some experience with Cryptography to SpiderOak.
- You will thrive at SpiderOak if you enjoy working collaboratively across cross-functional teams, with the unique ability to work in a fully remote/virtual environment.
What You'll Do
- Familiarize yourself with our current codebase and architecture.
- Extend our current codebase to provide new capabilities and enhanced assurance and performance.
- Help SpiderOak become exceptional at programming in Rust.
- Develop and/or maintain advanced knowledge of computing system integrations and make recommendations or decisions on software and hardware configurations and developments.
- Provide analysis and recommended design of applications, middleware, and system architecture to solve complex problems.
- Apply a structured approach to design and implementation of systems and processes.
- Translate mission and customer requirements into capabilities, testing, and validation of services.
- Analyze and allocates requirements to system architecture components and oversee the development, testing, and validation of systems and services.
- Coordinate the integration of systems and services and oversee deployments.
What To Expect
- In the first year in the role, you'll collaborate with multiple teams in order to understand our codebase. An ability to understand hardware configurations, and how to develop or alter solutions around multiple environments, will be key to your success.
- Some travel, up to 10%, may be required.
- SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is based on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
- We provide a wide-range of benefits including health care coverage, a 401(k) plan w/employer match, employer paid life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability policies, paid maternity and paternity leave, PTO, paid sick leave, and other benefits
What We Provide
SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is built on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. In other words, we welcome you just as you are!
To learn more about SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems, visit our website at: https://spideroak.com/home/