SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership over a critical area of the business as we continue to grow and scale our product.. You will blend technical, product, and design strategy to ensure scalability and reliability of our product. You are a thought leader for technical decisions, influencing architecture, and prioritization within your team. You enjoy mentoring other engineers to help them grow in their career.
What you'll do
- Develop and build against both short-and long-term roadmaps
- Scope, design, and deliver solutions for large, complex challenges
- Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Drive technical decision-making that fully considers software best practices, stakeholder preferences and concerns
- Collaborate with other leads and architects to ensure a cohesive technical design across the organization
- Provide oversight, coaching, and guidance through code and design reviews
What you'll bring with you
- Balancing Stakeholders: Understands the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing, and aligning stakeholder interests
- Effective Coach: Further the learning and development of others by understanding their goals, challenging them, and giving them timely feedback and offering them support
- Inspire & Motivate: Able to inspire and guide people to get the job done, and bring out their best. Can articulate a shared mission in a way that motivates and offers a sense of common purpose beyond people’s day-to day tasks
- Plans & Aligns: Aligns objectives with broader organizational goals, breaking down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions, sequencing and prioritizing activities, managing key stakeholders and accounting for potential impediments
- High Standards: Freedom from error and mistakes and ability to meet objectives. Communicates effectively to ensure time is spent working on the right things in the right ways with the right people, maintaining optimal work output
- Seeks to Understand: Ability to express point of view effectively, listening without judgment, and thereby fostering understanding and connection
- Subject Matter Expertise: Deep technical proficiency in software development and knowledge of industry/trends. Always learning, improving, teaching others, and making organizations better.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Significant experience with Ruby on Rails, Angular 7+, Postgres SQL, and AWS
- Expertise in building and owning multiple services and APIs- data modeling, unit and integration testing, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Proven experience in writing secure, scalable, and performance code
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills with the ability to articulate a vision to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience with HIPAA compliant software
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated starting salary for this role is $150,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Eight (8) paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor)